Smoke alarms are often overlooked when considering your electrical issues but it is one of the most important aspects of safety within living/working environments. Smoke alarms that are properly installed and maintained play a vital role in reducing fire, deaths and injuries. Having a working smoke alarm cuts the chances of dying in a reported fire in half.
At Sydney Wide Electricians we can provide a complete Smoke Alarm Testing/Installation service.
What we do:
- We can visit your residence/office and conduct an inspection to ensure there are the required amounts of smoke alarms and that they are located in the correct positions according to Australian Standards.
- We will test the alarms and ensure they are secured firmly
- We service the alarm with new a new battery (if required)
- Should the alarm pass the expiration date we can provide options on replacement.
- We can also provide upgrades to hardwired alarms which provide an additional safety by connecting to the property’s power supply.
Are you a landlord or Property Investor?
DID YOU KNOW?
Under the Residential Tenancies Act landlords are required to ensure that their rental property/s has a working smoke alarm installed and maintained as per Australian and Manufacture Standards.
Smoke alarm ‘Must know’ facts
- At least one smoke alarm must be located between bedrooms and the most likely escape path on each level of every residential property.
- Smoke alarms have a limited life span of around 10 years.
- People’s sense of smell is drastically impaired while they sleep meaning smouldering fires may burn for some time with poisonous gases emitted that can kill a person before they are even aware of the danger.
- Smoke alarms should be tested monthly.
- The grill area of the smoke alarm should be cleaned every 6 months using a vacuum to remove dust or debris.
- A smoke alarm is required to emit a warning signal before the battery fails, usually a chirping sound.
- Batteries should be replaced at least once a year to ensure correct operation. It is recommended that you change your smoke alarm battery at the same time each year using a Birthday, Christmas or some other significant date to remind you.
Contact Sydney Wide Electricians today to book in your complete Smoke Alarm Service.